Vehicle Tracking Solution
Vehicle tracking systems are commonly used by fleet operators for fleet management functions such as Monitoring, Reporting, Routing,on-board information and security. Other applications include monitoring driving behavior, such as an employer of an employee, or a parent with a teen driver.
Vehicle tracking systems are also popular in consumer vehicles as a theft prevention and retrieval device. Police can simply follow the signal emitted by the tracking system and locate the stolen vehicle. When used as a security system, a Vehicle Tracking System may serve as either an addition to or replacement for a traditional Car alarm.
The existence of vehicle tracking device then can be used to reduce the insurance cost, because the loss-risk of the vehicle drops significantly.
Why to use VTS?
Vehicle tracking can be used in the following scenarios:
- Stolen Vehicle Recovery: Both consumer and commercial vehicles can be outfitted GPS units to allow police to do tracking and recovery.
- Fleet Management: When managing a fleet of vehicles, knowing the real-time location of all drivers allows management to meet customer needs more efficiently. Whether it is delivery, service or other multi-vehicle enterprises, drivers now only need a mobile phone with telephony or Internet connection to be inexpensively tracked by and dispatched efficiently.
- Asset Tracking: Companies needing to track valuable assets for insurance or other monitoring purposes can now plot the real-time asset location on a map and closely monitor movement and operating status.
- Trailer Tracking: Haulage and Logistics companies often operate lorries with detachable load carrying units. The part of the vehicle that drives the load is know as the cab and the load carrying unit is known as the trailer. There are different types of trailer used for different applications, e.g., flat bed, refrigerated, curtain sider, box container.
- Law enforcement or surveillance: A tracker may be hidden on a vehicle to follow the vehicle's movements without the driver's knowledge.